It’s easy to make a good, simple salsa, but full of flavor. We use both cherry tomatoes and fresh off – the-vine tomatoes to make our salsa the savoriest ever. In our salsa we much prefer fresh tomatoes as they taste brighter and give a better texture.
If it’s winter’s dead and juicy, red tomatoes can’t be found anywhere, you can use canned, of course. It’s really delicious and you can make it easily. While it is completely optional to use a food processor, it is recommended. Mixing all the ingredients together is the easiest and fastest way.
This salsa comes together in minutes and tastes like your favorite and chips and salsa are a way of life
- YIELDS: 10 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 tsp salt,
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 jalapenos, halved, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 white onion, quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss jalapenos, cherry tomatoes and onion with oil on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper for 1⁄2 teaspoon. Roast for 20 minutes until slightly charred
- Add roasted vegetables, quartered tomatoes, garlic, coriander, lime juice, cumin and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a food processor. Season with the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt and pepper, then pulse until mostly mixed and chunky.
Nutritional Information :
Total fat: 0 g, saturated fat: 0.0 g, cholesterol: 0 mg, sodium: 25 mg, potassium: 45 mg, total carbohydrate: 1.1 g, dietary fiber: 0.3 g, protein: 0.2 g, sugar: 1 g, vitamin C: 4 mg. Calcium: 3 mg, 2 mg of magnesium, 0 mg of niacin
How to make : Fried Rice – Quick and Easy