Beef Liver Best Recipe
Beef liver Easy and delicious recipe “If you like liver, this way of cooking you will love it. Try this and you might learn to LIKE it if you don’t like liver.
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 20 m
- Ready In 30 m
- Vegetable oil _3 tablespoons
- Onion, sliced _1 large
- Beef liver _1 pound
- All-purpose flour _1/2 cup
- Salt, or to taste _1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, or to taste _1/4 teaspoon
- Can tomato sauce _1 (8 ounce)
- Water _1/4 cup
- Dried oregano _1/2 teaspoon
1.Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a big skillet. Saute the onions until they are tender, but not brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and set aside. Cut the liver into bits of serving size and remove any membranes.
2.Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. In the flour mixture, dredge the liver and place it in the hot skillet. Brown the liver on both sides quickly. Place onions reserved on top of pieces of the liver. Pour the tomato sauce and water over all in the pan, lifting the parts of the liver to cover the bottom of the pan with the tomato sauce.
3. Stirring occasionally, Sprinkle over everything the oregano and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes low heat. Adjust to taste salt and pepper. Be careful not to overcook, or it will be liver hard. Served with rice or according your choice.